- Be a United States citizen at time of appointment.
- Be at least 21 years old upon appointment.
- High school graduate, or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of two years of full time school, work or employment and /or military experience.
- Have a minimum of a 2 year college degree or 60 college credits by your 5 year anniversary. (This is a state of Wisconsin requirement. There is currently a proposed amendment to the WI statutes which would eliminate this grace period for education and make 60 College credits a mandatory requirement for new law enforcement officers.)
- Be eligible for a valid Wisconsin Driver's license and be licensed by date of appointment.
Law Enforcement Recruit Academy Minimum Physical Readiness Standards
(to gain entrance into the academy if you are not already certified)
- 1.5 mile run in 20:20 minutes or less
- 300 meter run in 82 seconds or less
- 18 push-ups
- 24 sit-ups
- Vertical jump of 11.5 inches minimum
- Agility run in 23.4 seconds or less